Issue Manager Groups
As a Chamber member, we need your input and participation in the Issue Manager Groups, Task Forces and objectives throughout the year. When you join the Chamber, we hope that you will let us know what we can do to help you “Grow Your Business!
Community Relations IMG –Debbie McLendon, Chairman
Mission Statement – Facilitate community outreach efforts between the Chamber and its Issue Manager Groups to members and residents of Jackson County.
- Promote small business resources.
- Strengthen the Chamber image through television, print, radio, a speakers’ bureau, social media and other innovative community outreach opportunities.
- Engage members and all Jackson County communities in Chamber events and activities.
- Support the collective efforts of the Issue Manager Groups using the Chamber calendar.
Education IMG –Debbie Anglin, Chairman
Mission Statement – To support education, leadership and workforce development in Jackson County.
- Improve fundraising for the Explosion of Excellence.
- Embed leadership training into Leadership Jackson County and develop an alumni program.
- Narrow the 2015 Business Education Summit findings into S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- Support P2P through advocacy.
- Support the coordination of MS Scholars-Tech Masters presentations.
Small Business IMG –Trudi Dixon, Chairman
Mission Statement – To support small business growth and success through guidance, education, training, and resources.
Continue with Standing Committees
ISA – Industrial Suppliers Association
Jackson County Industrial Trade Show
• Small Business Training and Development
Summer Learning Series
Chamber Mentoring Program
Jackson County Incubator partnership for training
Customer Service Training
• Continue Small Business Grants.
• Grow Municipal/County Support of small businesses
• Survey small business needs.
Membership IMG –Ellen Cole, Chairman
Mission Statement – Increase membership and retention through membership engagement and communication.
- Continue Coffee with the Chamber.
- Expand the Chamber presence across the Jackson County footprint.
- Increase Chamber Board of Directors’ accountability for membership.
- Identify and engage specific target markets via technology, testimonials, rack cards, calendar and Facebook.
Regional Strategy –Brenda H. Simkins, Chairman
Mission Statement – To develop policy, plans and programs that focus on issues and policy that ensure and enhance a favorable business and community environment within Jackson County.
- Bring clear focus on Jackson County priorities for BP funded projects and coordinate unity and support for those projects.
- Grow and leverage Jackson County’s influence on coast-wide boards and other regional, statewide and national forums so to support business and community issues.
- Be proactive in the election processes by educating membership and candidates on public policies related to business and industry.
- Maximize the strengths of local government entities, business and industry in promoting the assets of Jackson County.