Issue Manager Groups
Let Your Voice Be Heard!
As a Chamber member, we need your input and participation in the Issue Manager Groups, Task Forces and objectives throughout the year. When you join the Chamber, we hope that you will let us know what we can do to help you “Grow Your Business!
Education IMG –Debbie Anglin, Chairman
Mission Statement – To advocate for education and workforce development in Jackson County.
OBJECTIVES: • Expand the Education Business Summit.
• Create a pipeline of communication for families about college – career readiness.
• Promote Smart Start Career Ready Class at WIN Job Center.
• Support Explosion of Excellence.
• Support Pathways2Possibilities
• Reformat Education Day for Leadership Jackson County.
Small Business IMG – Melanie Landsiedel, Chairman
Mission Statement – To support small-business growth and success through guidance, education, training, and resources.
• Continue ANCHOR Awards.
• Continue Jackson County Industrial Suppliers Association.
• Continue Jackson County Industrial Trade Show.
• Replace the Business Walks with an electronic survey.
• Enhance the Summer Learning Series.
• Create a Member/Resource Portal.
• Small Business Expo.
Membership Outreach – Charles D. Oakes, Chairman
Mission Statement – Effectively communicate the Chamber’s position as a value driven organization with the mindset of cultivating business growth through membership outreach and engagement.
• Communicate membership value.
• Develop a strategic communication outreach plan.
• Achieve a retention rate of 85% by 09/30/2019.
Regional Strategy –Brenda H. Simkins and A. Kelly Sessoms, III, Co-Chairmen
Mission Statement – – To develop policy, plans and programs that focus on issues and policy that ensure and enhance a favorable business and community environment within Jackson County.
• Bring clear focus on Jackson County priorities for BP-funded projects and coordinate unity and support for those projects.
• Grow and leverage Jackson County’s influence on coast-wide boards and other regional/statewide/national forums so to support business and community issues.
• Be proactive in the election processes by educating membership and candidates on public policies related to business and industry.
• Maximize the strengths of local government entities, business and industry in promoting the assets of Jackson County.